The mid level Java Software Engineer position is a challenging role. This role will interact directly with the Intermedix Product Management team in US and business analysis team in LT to understand product requirements, as requested by our customers. Incumbent will implement the required solution. Development will involve personal programming as well as working within a team. The solutions must adhere to highly available architectures and automated software testing techniques. Position requires developing solutions across all layers, from the user interface through the application layer, service layer, and data layer to the database. Successful candidate will work in Agile environment, use Kanban, code pier review methodologies and participate in product support activities.
- Independently meet with product management personnel to review, elaborate, and document system requirements (including user interface, functional, and non-functional requirements).
- Create high-quality software based on business-driven goals in a timely manner.
- Enhance and support existing solutions for our customers.Practice Agile and Kanban development techniques.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Create architectural and code-level documentation, sharing this and other technical knowledge with the team.
- Continuously grow personal and professional skills driven by challenging goals.
- Required Skills and CompetencesBS CS/CE or equivalent degree required.
- 2+ years of technical software development experience.
- Knowledge of above listed product technologies.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design tools and methodologies.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex technical issues.
- Excellent English knowledge – both written and oral.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and methodical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to rapidly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures.
- High degree of attention to detail, personal initiative, and commitment to quality.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Flexible to handle unexpected daily challenges.
- Experience in developing solutions across all layers, from the user interface through the application layer, service layer, and data layer to the database.
- Basic database design and SQL knowledge.
- Experience working with legacy code.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with code management and build tools.
- Experience in automated testing.