OBB Credit Balance (CB) Specialist
Position summary: The Credit Balance Specialist is responsible for evaluating credit balances on patient accounts and ensuring that refunds are issued to the appropriate payer in a timely and accurate manner.
Position reports to: OBB Credit Balance Team Lead
- Understand the reason for the credit balance and take the appropriate action resolve the credit balance root cause.
- Follow up with payers to obtain documentation necessary for understanding the credit balance root cause and completing refund packages.
- Generate refund request packages per client requirements.
- Transfer account payments where applicable.
- Post adjustments to accounts.
- Establish and maintain knowledge of insurance carrier policies and procedures.
- Complete various projects as assigned by management.
- Communicate trends and opportunities for improvement to management.
- Understand, support, enforce and comply with company policies, procedures and Standards of Business Ethics and Conduct.
- Display a positive attitude as well as professional, polite, considerate and courteous conduct and treatment of others in the course of duties.
- Bilingual Lithuanian and English.
- Strong organizational and analytical thinking.
- Revenue cycle management (RCM) experience in OBB is required.
- Basic computer operating skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Accounts receivable experience preferred, but not required.
- Payment posting experience preferred, but not required.
Start Date: 2018, December 3rd